If a line passes through two distinct lines and intersects them at distant points then this line is called Transversal Line.
Here line “l” is transversal of line m and n.
Exterior Angles – and
Interior Angles – and
Pairs of angles formed when a transversal intersects two lines.
1. Corresponding Angles :
2. Alternate Interior Angles :
3. Alternate Exterior Angles:
4. Interior Angles on the same side of the transversal:
1. If a transversal intersects two parallel lines, then
2. If a transversal intersects two lines in such a way that
Here, AB ∥ CD and EH is transversal.
EFB + BFG = 180° (Linear pair)
BFG = 180° – 133°
BFG = 47°
BFG = DGH (Corresponding Angles)
DGH = 47°