When a number divides another number exactly, then the dividend is called a multiple of the divisor.
divides exactly, so is a multiple of .
- Every non-zero number has an unlimited number of multiples.
- Every number is a multiple of .
- Every non-zero number is a multiple of itself.
- is a multiple of every non-zero number.
- Every multiple of a non-zero number is either greater than or equal to the given number.
- The first multiple of the number is the number itself.
Lowest common multiple (LCM)
The LCM of some given numbers is the smallest common multiple.
Find the of and .
Common multiples .