UPDATED ON 14th February 2021
MinuteBrain Learning Private Limited (“MinuteBrain”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is an Indian private limited company, registered under the Companies Act 2013, having its registered office at Plot no. 1263/5676, Satya Vihar, Pandra, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar – 751010.
We provide online courses and conduct online classes, live demo sessions, doubt clearing sessions for students seeking to enrol for such courses (the “Services”). Our Services are accessible at https://MathsGenii.com and https://FosterJEE.com and any other websites through which MinuteBrain makes the Services available (collectively, the “Site”) and as applications for mobile, tablet and other smart devices and application program interfaces (collectively, the “Applications”).
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you visit/access the Site/Applications/Services, we collect, use, share and store certain Information and Other Information, in order to improve security, analyse trends, administer the Site/Applications/Services, etc. with a view to assist us in improving the customer experience.
Our primary goal in collecting your Information and Other Information is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customised experience. This allows us to provide you Courses, study material, tutorials that seek to meet your needs and to customise our Site/Applications/Services to make your experience safer and easier.
We will only collect your Information and/or Other Information if we have a proper reason for doing so which includes the following: to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; for providing our Site/Applications/Services to you in accordance with the Terms of Service; or to take steps at your request before or after providing you with our Site/Applications/Services; for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or where you have given your consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to Information and Other Information from you or may otherwise need Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
Generally, we collect your Information and Other Information when you register with us, when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on our Site/Applications/Services or otherwise contact us. We use this information to evaluate traffic patterns on our Site/Applications/Services so that we can make them more useful to our visitors.
When you visit our Site/Applications/Services (whether by accessing, using, or registering for them) or if you communicate with us through one of our contact forms or chat or phone sessions, we may collect a variety of Information and Other Information from you which may either be provided by you voluntarily to us and/or which we may obtain from your computer or other device used to access our Site/Applications/Services such as:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, display picture, mailing address, phone number, IP address, geographic location, etc.
- Data to enable us to check and verify your identity, e.g., your date of birth, mark-sheets, Passport/Aadhar card/Voter ID details;
- Billing information, such as bank details, debit card number, credit card number and billing address;
- Unique identifiers, such as username or password;
- Reviews or ratings, syllabus and Course preferences, account settings, (including preferences set in the “Account” section of our Site/Applications); and
- Any Information and/or Other Information provided by you via your interaction with our customer service (such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, call recordings, phone numbers, etc.); or through participation in surveys or marketing promotions.
- Information and/or Other Information obtained by us from your device during your use of the Site/Applications/Services, after you have granted your permission to allow us access to certain features of your device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. You may change our access or permissions, by revising your device’s settings.
- Your activity on our Site/Applications/Services, such as classes opted by you, study materials availed, Courses enrolled into and your search queries, etc.
Consent to use of mic/camera functionality: By having a MinuteBrain Account, you have consented to our use of your device’s functionalities like camera and mic for the purposes of giving effect to our Terms of Service including but not limited to capturing images and other data from your device’s camera and mic, making video calls, recording and analysing such data.
Back-end applications: With the help of back-end applications, we aim at providing better services and better interaction with Teachers, depending on your interest, preferences, etc.
Payment data: If you use a feature that requires payment of a fee, then options like NEFT or your Card’s Payment Gateway’s page will appear. In case of payments via credit or debit card, we will redirect you to registered payment gateways such as Razorpay, CCavenue, PayPal and other such registered gateways. You may store and save your payment details like card numbers with the gateway. We do not have access to this data.
All payment transactions are processed through secure payment gateway providers. We do not store any card information (other than the last 4 digits of your card) in our servers.
When you use one of our paid products, we track the web pages, and data that has been accessed by you, and store it on our servers. This enables us to track items that you have completed, and those that you need to see.
Profile info: The user’s full name and his/her display picture may be publicly displayed on the Site/Applications/Services. Depending on what profile and what services/information you are seeking, MinuteBrain can ask for more information relating to address, billing information, certificates, past employment information, etc.
USAGE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We may use your Information and Other Information for any/all of the following reasons:
- provide, analyse, administer and improve our Site/Applications/Services so as to provide you with a personalised experience, and effective customer service support;
- to contact you about your MinuteBrain Account, our Site/Applications/Services and to provide you with personalised marketing and advertising services;
- to determine your general geographic location;
- provide localised Courses and classes, provide you with customized and personalised study material, other recommendations, etc.;
- to communicate with you concerning our Site/Applications/Services (for example by email, push notifications, text messaging, and online messaging channels) in relation thereto and brief you about new features, new Content available, special offers, promotional announcements, surveys, etc;
- to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests; or
- to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We shall not retain your Information or Other Information, for longer than is required for the purposes of providing you the Site/Applications/Services in accordance with the Terms of Service or as is otherwise required under any applicable laws.
MinuteBrain endeavours to be a community. We offer several features that allow members to connect and communicate in public or semi-public spaces, such as forums and teams. Please be sensible and responsible before posting in these community spaces and/or sharing your Information or Other information, with others on the Site/Applications/Services. Be aware that any Information or Other information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by others (e.g., it could be used to send you unsolicited messages) and MinuteBrain owes no responsibility in relation thereto.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
We use third party providers like other companies, agents, contractors, etc. (“Service Providers”) to perform certain services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the Site/Applications/Services to you.
We engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalise and optimise our Site/Applications/Services, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyse and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our Site/Applications/Services), to process and administer consumer surveys, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, for monitoring site activity, maintaining our database, administering emails and Contents, to provide aggregate, comparative information on the performance of our Site/Applications/Services, etc.
In the course of providing us with such services, these Service Providers may have access to your Information and/or Other information. We do not authorise the Service Providers to use or disclose your Information and/or Other information, except in connection with providing their services.
We at MinuteBrain are committed to securing your Information and Other Information. We view protection of your privacy as a very important community principle. We understand clearly that you and your Information and Other Information are among our most important assets.
As such, we try to take all precautions to protect your Information and Other Information both online and offline. For this, we use technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration of your Information and Other Information. We have standard SSL certification which helps us create a secure connection between our server and user to render any information or action. Some of the additional safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres and information access authorization controls.
User passwords are encrypted in 64-bit encryption and stored because generally users use the same password on multiple sites, to prevent any kind of theft, piracy or unauthorized access.
We store and process your Information and/or Other Information on computers located in [India] that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles.
If you believe your MinuteBrain Account has been abused or hacked, please contact us immediately by sending us an email at contact@MathsGenii.com
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION:
We may disclose your Information and/or Other Information for any/all of the following reasons:
- as required by applicable laws including but not limited to for complying with a subpoena, responding to a government request or similar legal process;
- for provision of services under the Terms of Service and enforcing the provisions of the Terms of Service (including investigation of potential violations thereof, etc.);
- when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud, or to address security or technical issues;
- to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Site/Applications/Services or our users or the general public as required or permitted by law.
We may transfer our databases containing your Information and/or Other Information, if we sell our business or part of it.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your Information and/or Other Information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed unlawfully. We endeavour to process your Information and Other Information subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures-in-place to deal with any suspected data security breach. In case of a suspected breach, we will take all the necessary steps as we are legally required to.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION UPDATED
The Site/Applications/Service will provide you a mechanism to ensure that your Information and Other Information is correct, updated and current.
Our Site/Applications/Services use “Cookies” to identify the areas of our Website that you have visited. A Cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. We transfer Cookies to your IP address, giving the browser a distinct identification, in order to keep track of your preferences. Furthermore, Cookies also help in logging-in faster and act as a mechanism to determine user trends. The data thus retrieved from the user’s IP address, enables us to enhance our offerings, including but not limited to more Content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users.
THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS
The Site/Applications/Services may contain links of our affiliates or third parties, links to other sites or frames of other sites, that are not under our control (collectively referred to as “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the Content or privacy practices of such Linked Sites.
Such Linked Sites may or may not have their own policies regarding their use and privacy. We have no control over and take no responsibility for such Linked Sites and have provided the Linked Sites solely for your convenience and information. Your accessing such Linked Sites shall be at your own risk. You should check the privacy policies, if any, of those Linked Sites to see how their operators may utilise your Information and/or Other Information.
It is open for you to customise our usage of your Information and/or Other Information, the frequency of marketing and other communications you receive from us, our provision of customised and relevant advertising services to you, and whether you want to stay signed into your MinuteBrain Account, by modifying the relevant “Settings”.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
The Grievance Officer shall redress the grievances expeditiously and in any case within 1 month from the date of receipt of grievance.